[USRP-users] E310: 2x2 Rx RFNoC Attenuating Tx output, 1x1 RX RFNoC: Full Tx output

Andrew Payne wandrewp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:22:19 EDT 2020

I have a generic RFNoC block that I created and it receives only, and it
can be configured as a 2x2 or 1x1 I/O mode.  In GnuRadio I have also paired
this 2x2 or 1x1 RX block with a TX block, the gr-ettus RFNOC Siggen, which
just outputs a sine tone.  When I have my RX block configured as 1x1, the
TX signal power is well above -20 dBm, but if I configure my RX block as
2x2, the TX signal is greatly attenuated, about -60dBm max.

Why is this happening and is the E310 the limiting factor?  Is 2 Rx streams
plus the Tx out too much for the Zynq 7020 Artix FPGA?

Thanks,
Andrew