[USRP-users] 10us+ sample delay between daughterboards

Johannes Demel demel at ant.uni-bremen.de
Thu Jul 23 05:44:31 EDT 2020

Hi Marcus,

I tried to improve the situation. I had another look at [0,1].

 From [1] (N310 manual)
"[..] which can both be used as time- and clock references. The GPSDO
will function as a reference even when there is no GPS reception."

This helps. I set
Sync: "Unknown PPS"
Clock/Time source: "O/B GPSDO"
and all streams are in sync. That's sort of a relief for N310s.

Since I don't have a GPS signal in the lab, I assume there's no point in
trying to receive a GPS timestamp and set the device time on next PPS
[0]. I would prefer to work with timestamps "since epoch" instead of
"since start of flowgraph".

I need to figure out how to use GPSDO on those X310s though. Since the
GPS LED does not light up, I don't think it detects a GPSDO at all. And
I just hope it can use a GPSDO like an N310.

Since I work remotely, I can't just manually generate a sync pulse. But
if I can find a device that works reliably I may switch to that. Thanks
for the explanation and ASCII schematic.

Cheers
Johannes

[0] https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_gpsdo_x3x0.html
[1] https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_n3xx.html#n3xx_synchronization