[USRP-users] Signal transmission on a USRP X310

Jerrid Plymale jerrid.plymale at canyon-us.com
Wed Jul 22 14:15:28 EDT 2020

Hello Marcus,

The tool I have been using for initial signal quality checking has been the QT Waterfall sink in GNU Radio Companion to see if the signals are looking correct. Upon seeing that it looked like I was loosing data when I set the USRP sink's center frequency above 1.3 GHz, I connected the output of the USRP to a spectrum analyzer to get some more accurate measurements of the signal. After running some tests, I found that at a center frequency less than 1.3 GHz, the strength of the signal was somewhere around -70 dBm. When I would increase the frequency to a value above 1.3 GHz, and no changes to anything else (e.g., channel gain, sample rate), the strength dropped to somewhere around -90 dBm. This was measured by tracking the peak power from an FFT of the signal input to the spectrum analyzer. Would it help to see the flowgraph?

Best Regards,

Jerrid Plymale