[USRP-users] support for synchronizing two USRPs

Snehasish Kar snehasish.cse at live.com
Thu Jul 16 06:38:16 EDT 2020

Thanks Neel for the clarification!

Regards
Snehasish
________________________________
From: Neel Pandeya <neel.pandeya at ettus.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:51 PM
To: Snehasish Kar <snehasish.cse at live.com>
Cc: usrp-users at lists.ettus.com <usrp-users at lists.ettus.com>
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] support for synchronizing two USRPs

You cannot synchronize USRP devices by using a daisy-chain configuration.  The 10 MHz reference and the 1 PPS on both USRP devices must be connected to a common 10 MHz reference and to a common 1 PPS signal.  The OctoClock-G device can be used to generate these signals and to distribute them to 8 devices.  Then, for each USRP device, in UHD or GNU Radio, set your clocking source and timing source to "external".

https://kb.ettus.com/OctoClock_CDA-2990

https://kb.ettus.com/Synchronization_and_MIMO_Capability_with_USRP_Devices

--Neel Pandeya