[USRP-users] support for synchronizing two USRPs

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Thu Jul 16 06:21:23 EDT 2020

You cannot synchronize USRP devices by using a daisy-chain configuration.
The 10 MHz reference and the 1 PPS on both USRP devices must be connected
to a common 10 MHz reference and to a common 1 PPS signal.  The OctoClock-G
device can be used to generate these signals and to distribute them to 8
devices.  Then, for each USRP device, in UHD or GNU Radio, set your
clocking source and timing source to "external".

https://kb.ettus.com/OctoClock_CDA-2990

https://kb.ettus.com/Synchronization_and_MIMO_Capability_with_USRP_Devices

--Neel Pandeya