[USRP-users] B210 GNU HF Spectrum Analyzer

Marcus D. Leech patchvonbraun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:48:40 EDT 2020

On 07/12/2020 11:38 PM, Larry Dodd wrote:
> Marcus
> Strictly receiving Jupiter storms and solar flares. As a Radio Jove member for a couple years now we have recorded many Jupiter storms in the 15 to 30 MHz range. They are generally of three types. S bursts, L bursts and N events. We send the SDR data stream to Radio Sky Spectrograph software. The files are archived for study by NASA scientists and other researchers. Jupiters moon Io plays an important roll in directing these storm impulses to earth. We have special software that predicts the probability of receiving the storms based on Earth, Jupiter, and Io orbital positions. I can send you sample spectrograms if desired. We also study ionospheric events, galactic background noise, and some celestial scintillations. Yes RFI is a problem but there are software mitigation techniques.
> Larry, K4LED
Thanks, Larry.

Yes, I'm familiar with all of that.  I've been doing radio astronomy on
and off since 1986, and started using SDR/Gnu Radio for it in 2004.

I did some work for Natural Resources Canada on riometers a couple of
years ago, and have been involved in riometer development with
   Gnu Radio since 2010 or so.