[USRP-users] B210 GNU HF Spectrum Analyzer

Marcus D. Leech patchvonbraun at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:08:48 EDT 2020

On 07/12/2020 09:42 PM, Larry Dodd wrote:
> Marcus
> Actually I don’t have the B210 or the LFRX yet as I just ordered them but that’s all I ordered. Do I need to cancel the order?
> Larry, K4LED
The LFRX will be of no use to you unless you have a platform that it can
plug in to.

I'd keep the B210 part of the order, and order a HamItUp or SpyVerter
upconverter module, which up-converts HF frequencies to
   a higher range that the B210 can tune to.

HamiTup is sold by NooElec, and the SpyVerter is sold by
https://airspy.com/spyverter-r2/

Again, the LFRX is a "daughtercard", which is used in various USRPS that
use the daughter-card architecture, like the USRP1, USRP2,
   N2xx, X3xx, B100, and E100.

But the B210 is an excellent machine, it's just that it doesn't tune
down to HF frequencies.  But with the addition of a (fairly cheap, IMHO)
   up-converter, you can explore the territory you're interested in
quite nicely.

In terms of software, it really depends on what you want to *do*. If you
just want an integrated FFT display that can cover your 15MHz
   of bandwidth, you can use the uhd_fft application, and have it sample
at 15Msps--this assumes your computer is able to "keep up"
   at that rate--a good USB3 controller will be required, and a good
multi-core machine to go with it.