[USRP-users] e310, RFNOC, GNURadio Full Duplex, Custom RFNOC Block

Andrew Payne wandrewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:25:23 EDT 2020

Actually I have found a clue! In
usrp3/lib/rfnoc/noc_block_keep_one_in_n.v, axi_wrapper simple_mode is
set to off, instead opting to use cvita_hdr_modify.  I opted to use
keep_one_in_n.v in my custom noc_block, BUT, I have set simple mode to
1.  And if I go into usrp3/lib/rfnoc/axi_wrapper.v, at the top the
comments for SIMPLE_MODE say "Automatically handle header
(s_axis_data_tuser), packets must be consumed / produced 1-to-1".
What does this mean?  That the CEs installed at the crossbar are all
beholden to the rate of this CE?  Because remember with my issue, my
custom RFNOC block (which incorporates keep_one_in_n.v with simple
mode enabled) works well, the TX with DUC alone works well, but TX
with DUC and FIFO plus my custom RFNOC block seems to greatly
attenuate TX.  Could the TX stream be slowed down by my custom RFNOC
CE?