[USRP-users] B210 Timed Commands, Samples over time

Sidd Subramanyam siddsubra at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:29:04 EDT 2020

I am running a B210 USRP with the built in GPSDO. My goal is to collect a fixed number of samples (4 Million) at the start of every minute over the course of about an hour. I am setting up the script to make use of the STREAM_MODE_NUM_SAMPS_AND_MORE collection mode. For my application It is important that the collection starts precisely every minute, hence why I am synchronizing with the GPSDO. Because of this, I am attempting to tune the LO with the GPSDO every minute before the collection starts in order to keep the LO from drifting. Furthermore, right before starting the collection, I query the GPSDO for the location and log it as well. This seems to have a blocking effect on the whole USRP. How can I use timed commands to ensure that I synchronize time with GPS Time, tune the LO with the GPS 10 MHz, and start collection of my fixed number of samples, with a known time spacing between each of these so that I can minimize any LO drift by the time I start collecting my samples.

Thanks,
Sidd