[USRP-users] Maintaining USRP Carrier Frequency Lock

Richard Bell richard.bell4 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:35:18 EST 2020

Hello,

I am trying to collect serveral data sets through USRP X300's. Assume each
collection is 1000 samples long and is initiated by a user typing a button
on the keyboard. Each time the user hits a key 1000 samples are collected
and stored to a file. The time between each collect is defined by the user
hitting the key.

I need to make sure the USRPs are not loosing carrier lock between these
collections. I want the USRPs to stay locked to whatever center frequency
is set and sit there for the length of the time the user wants to collect
data sets. What is the best way to ensure this?

For example, if I use GNU Radio and head blocks feeding into file sinks
with calls to tb.start and tb.stop, does the call to tb.stop cause the USRP
to forget the carrier it was locked to and start over again on the next
call to tb.start? Can I call tb.start multiple times without a call to
tb.stop?

Thank for any help you can provide.