[USRP-users] uhd_find_devices - No UHD Devices Found

Joe crossen jmcrossen80 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 19:49:24 EST 2020

Hi all,

I have 2 USRP E312 devices.
- one has a GNU Radio image
- one has a Redhawk SDR image -
https://geontech.com/redhawk-sdr-and-an-ettus-e310/

With both devices turned on, I am attempting to locate them using
uhd_find_devices (and also the probe command), but it says No UHD devices
Found. I have 2 host PCs, one running Ubuntu, one running CentOS.

Everything is on the same network. Everything can ping everything.

I have used Wireshark, and noticed that the uhd_find_devices command
broadcasts a UDP package throughout the network, but there is no response.

However, I have noticed that all UHD driver versions are different:
- USRP1 (redhawk image) = 3.11.0.1-0
- USRP2 (gnuradio image) = 003.009.002
- Ubuntu PC = 3.14.1
- CentOS PC = 003.010.001.000-0
Would this be the problem? if so, how do I go about installing specific
versions of UHD on my PCs? (or possible the USRP devices - though I would
rather not mess with the images)

Thanks in advance everyone!
Joe