[USRP-users] using GPIO output to trigger external RF switches

Thomas Harder Thomas.Harder at oca.eu
Tue Jan 14 06:07:43 EST 2020

Hi,
I am continuously transmitting a waveform with several RF with 200MSPS with my USRP X310 (modified code on the basis of “tx_samples_from_file.cpp” with a waveform in a .dat file). I would like to get a trigger signal from the USRP when it is changing the tx- frequency which I set in my .dat file.
Could the GPIO deliver this trigger without changing the image?
I am using the SRAM image with UHD 3.14.1

A second question is concerning the GPIO example on https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_gpio_api.html.
I copied and paced it in the “tx_waveforms” example just changing the usrp device handle to “usrp” but when I compiled it and started tx, I couldn’t measure any tension on PIN 4 and 6 as defined in the example. Are there more examples how to program the GPIO?
Thank you,
Thomas