[USRP-users] Measuring TDOA for Localization

Richard Bell richard.bell4 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 12:13:11 EST 2020

Hello,

I'm working on a TDOA based localization platform using 3 USRP X300's as
receivers. I have them synchronized with a 10 MHz ref and PPS signal
generated by an OctoClock. However, I'm having trouble getting reliable
localization performance through this system. My TDOA measurements are not
what I would expect for the geometry I'm using.

If I have the USRPs flashed with the same FPGA image and I use the same
sample rate (i.e. 200e6/22 = 9.0909 MHz) across them all, is it possible
the hardware could still be introducing different delays through each
receiver?

Rich