[USRP-users] E310 RFNoC image

Skorstad,Jørn Joern.Skorstad at Nkom.no
Thu Nov 21 07:23:19 EST 2019

I have successfully built an RFNoC image with a DDC, Window and FFT block using the recipe mentioned. Also I have been able to connect the blocks using the UHD library in a C++ program, and I am receiving FFT output to my program. However, I am still only able to achieve an FFT size of max. 512 bins. Reading an older post it seems this is caused by some FPGA - host packet limit of 4000 bytes?

Anyone been able to achieve more than 512 bins FFT on an E310? I only need the magnitude data of the FFT, and from what I can see the SC16 format is also used when transferring magnitude, which means the imaginery part is not used.

Is it possible to modify the FFT block to do a 1024 bin FFT, and send FFT magnitude data on both real and imag bytes? I tried to look at the code, but no luck... Eventually, is it possible to split the data transfer into several blocks?

Jorn

Fra: Skorstad,Jørn <Joern.Skorstad at Nkom.no>
Sendt: tirsdag 12. november 2019 18:24
Til: Nate Temple <nate.temple at ettus.com>
Kopi: USRP-users at lists.ettus.com
Emne: Re: [USRP-users] E310 RFNoC image

Thanks Nate, I will try to install it as described below.

Jorn

12. nov. 2019 17:55 skrev Nate Temple <nate.temple at ettus.com<mailto:nate.temple at ettus.com>>:
Hi Jorn,

The process for installing Xilinx Vivado WebPACK is fairly easy.

Download "Vivado Design Suite - HLx Editions - 2017.4  Full Product Installation" from here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools/archive.html

Decompress the tarball

Run "sudo ./xsetup"

When prompted to download the latest version, ignore and click "Continue", 2017.4 is required.

Click Next, and agree to the EULA and other terms, click Next and keep the default /opt/Xilinx install prefix.

Click next through the rest of the menus and "install"

You'll now have Vivado installed to /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4 and can use it with the build tools as described in the previously linked app note.

Regards,
Nate Temple