[USRP-users] E312 - Migrating OOT Modules to the USRP

Jonathan Lockhart jlockhartrt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:21:28 EST 2019

Greetings,

I am having some issues completing the RFNOC build tutorial on the Ettus
E312. The reference documentation is using an X3xx series radio, and from
the final python script it appears to be running the GNR script natively on
the host. I built the exact script from the KB but when running on the
radio it fails stating it can't "import tutorial." I realized all the files
that were installed were placed on the host but not cross compiled for the
E3xx using the SDK and ARM cross compile tool. I tried to complete this
task, but unfortunately the compilation dies here.

/home/jon/rfnoc/oe/sysroots/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:11:
fatal error: gnu/stubs-soft.h: No such file or directory
 # include <gnu/stubs-soft.h>
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Now I did find the stubs-soft.h file in the libc6-dev-armel-cross in the
apt repo. I installed it and tried to cp the file into the
/home/jon/rfnoc/oe/sysroots/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gnu/
location but it still doesn't like that. I verified that on my echo $CC
that the -mfloat is set to hard as shown here.

jon at jon-OptiPlex-9020:~/rfnoc/src/rfnoc-tutorial$ echo $CC
arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon
--sysroot=/home/jon/rfnoc/oe/sysroots/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi

So I am not sure why the gain module in the tutorial is looking for the
soft file.

If anyone has experience in porting their OOT modules over to the E-series
of radios I would appreciate the help.

Regards,
Jon