[USRP-users] X310 over PCIe not found in Ubuntu 18

Sam Reiter sam.reiter at ettus.com
Fri Nov 8 11:19:16 EST 2019

Just a final follow up on this, in the event that this thread is referenced
by someone in a similar situation. Based on the info you've sent over and
the hardware you're using, this sounds like a compat issue between that
8371 PCIe / MXIe card and your motherboard. If you'd like to dig into this
further, you should look into opening a support ticket with NI, but I'd
guess you'll probably end up at the same "this is a gaming motherboard and
those are sometimes incompatible with the strict PCIe standard that the
8371 is working with".

If I was in your shoes, I'd try to get your hands on a good dual 10GbE NIC
and use that as your link to the X310. If you're using PCIe for latency,
you can get a low latency linux kernel with DPDK and try to optimize from
there.

-Sam