[USRP-users] Musl default for future E320 builds?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Nov 8 10:18:03 EST 2019

On 11/7/19 9:35 PM, Philip Balister via USRP-users wrote:
> I'm working on getting gnuradio on the E#@) and am testing the thud
> branch of meta-ettus (Which is still a bit dated :(). I noticed in:
>
> https://github.com/EttusResearch/meta-ettus/commit/14ae3db3d794c90b40a16639e63d5a2cd58c1693#diff-e349d3011c378939978585aa9c11e201
>
> the default c library changed from glibc to musl. Any particular reason
> for this switch? Has anyone built gnuradio with musl yet?

To answer my own question, yes gnuradio builds with musl :)

At least "python -c "import gnuradio" doesn't error.

Unfortunately, as we discussed at the OpenEmbedded meeting last week,
the combination of musl and systemd has some issues that leads to
security concerns of that combination of PID 1 and c library :(

Philip