[USRP-users] Programming N310 micro SD Card Image Problem

Jeff S e070832 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:43:07 EST 2019

It appears that the 16GB microSD card I was using was not actually large enough for the partitions to write.  The original 16GB mSD has free space at the end of the partitions, whereas the 16GB I programmed had no free space at the end and sdb3 and sdb4 did not seem to mount.  Since dd does not give any kind of pass/fail indication, and none of the documentation seemed to indicate that I needed more than 16GB, I found this by:

$ sudo cfdisk /dev/sdb

>From there, the last partitions did not look correct and the overall size seemed off.  I deleted sdb4 partition and no free space showed back up, which seemed off as well.

I got a 64GB microSD card and programmed it the same way, and the unit seemed to boot correctly, and the partitions seemed correct.

Jeff