[USRP-users] Problems when Running UHD_3.14.1 Examples on E310

zcao at c3commsystems.com zcao at c3commsystems.com
Mon Nov 4 11:04:44 EST 2019

Hi,

We are trying to run UHD examples on E310. The process we took are as the following.

1. Flash a fresh SDcard using the dev image located at http://files.ettus.com/e3xx_images/e3xx-release-4/ettus-e3xx-sg3/ <http://files.ettus.com/e3xx_images/e3xx-release-4/ettus-e3xx-sg3/>

2. Cross-compile UHD source code on a development machine and install the build on to the E310 device using sshfs. Note that this is a different from what is proposed in AN-311. We installed UHD 3.14 onto the device directly.

3. Running /usr/bin/uhd_find_devices, we got the following output, looks normal.

[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 4.9.2; Boost_105700; UHD_3.14.1.1-0-g0347a6d8
-- UHD Device 0
Device Address:
    serial: 31819A1
    name:
    node: /dev/axi_fpga
    product: E3XX SG3
    type: e3x0

However, we ran into the following problems, which seem to be related.

1. We cannot run /usr/bin/uhd_usrp_probe, because of the FPGA compatibility. Specifically, the error messages are

Error: RuntimeError: Expected FPGA compatibility number 255.x, but got 14.0:
The FPGA build is not compatible with the host code build.
Please run:

 "/usr/lib/uhd/utils/uhd_images_downloader.py"

2. But running the above python script gives us the following error messages.

-sh: /usr/lib/uhd/utils/uhd_images_downloader.py: /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/bin/python2: bad interpreter: No such file or directory/

Note that the python script is looking for the SDK, which should be on the development machine, instead of the device itself.

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows how to handle above issues in E310 device itself?

Thanks,
Arnold