[USRP-users] RFNoC questions - standalone system, docs

Julius Baxter juliusbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 20:31:56 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a couple of quick questions.

I have an N310 and intend to build a system which doesn't involve passing
the stream through a host - ie. I want to add a CE or two which will handle
Rx and generate samples for Tx. Has anyone done this, are there any
pointers? I presume the host will still be involved to configure the blocks
(radio, ddc, duc, etc.). Can I still use the Python USRP API to do this
config?

Is there anything complementing the Ettus KB on the RFNoC internals? I've
seen some posts referencing what parameters on various blocks do, and other
nuggets of knowledge regarding building CEs for RFNoC. Is there a
centralised place for details on how RFNoC works, or is reading the RTL and
this ml the best source of info?

Thanks,
Jules