[USRP-users] Phase drift issue of N310

Marcus D. Leech patchvonbraun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:07:23 EDT 2019

On 03/20/2019 12:55 PM, Damon wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes, it happen with any other frequency changes, not only 460.01M and
> 469.03Mhz.
>
> I'm building a 4-channel coherent receiving system with n310. It needs
> to compensate the phase errors of multiple receiving channels. So I
> need to measure the phase errors first and then compensate them. But
> in the range of 100MHz bandwidth (from center_freq-50MHz to
> center_freq+50MHz), the phase difference of two receiving channels of
> different dboards varies too much with frequency, so it's very
> difficult to compensate the phase errors. As a contrast, the phase
> errors of the two receiving channels of X310 with ubx vary very samll
> with frequency, so it is easy to compensate the phase difference.
>
> Looking forward to your test results
>
> Best regards,
>
> Damon
I used the attached script.

Now, I'm only looking at +/- 2MHz, rather than your 100Mhz bandwidth.

I found that the phase noise and offset did not change noticably tuning
across the entire 4Mhz band.  I don't have a machine fast enough here to
   sweep my TX across 100Mhz, but with the N310 RX at a fixed tuning,
and sweeping the TX (in this case, a Marconi transceiver test set), I
did not see
   any significant phase shift or change in mutual phase noise as the TX
swept across the 4MHz band.