[USRP-users] E310 IMU

Jason Matusiak jason at gardettoengineering.com
Mon Mar 18 12:40:09 EDT 2019

I've started playing with the E310's IMU and I keep seeming to go around in circles.  All I really want is a heading.  I have my own app that is heavily borrowed from the RTIMULibDemo included on the device (and from github), but I can't seem to get the heading still right when dealing with the quaternions (and I've googled a 100 different things and never seem to get the right answers when I try their equations).

I am sure I am making some small thing overly complicated, but I have been stuck for a couple of days now.  The frustrating thing is that if I plot in wolframalpha (say "draw .646-.258i-.675j-.233k as a rotation operator"), the plot perfectly mimics what I was doing with the E310 when I captured that data.  So trying to figure out how to determine that I have a heading 45 degrees off of North in that dataset is beyond me.

Anyone played with the E310 IMU stuff further?