[USRP-users] Phase after Freq Hopping

Piotr Krysik perper at o2.pl
Mon Mar 18 06:34:01 EDT 2019

Hi Dominik

W dniu 18.03.2019 o 10:49, Patscheider, Dominik pisze:

> Hi Piotr Krysik,
>
> I wanted to achieve an stepped OFDM Radar.
> To increase the baseband for the radar, I´m splitting the subcarrier and transmit them on four center frequencies.
> Thus it sends the first symbols on f0 (with an initial phase); afterwards increasing the center freq to f1 and transmit the next symbols,...
> And obviously the initial phase is changing after reconfiguring the frequency. If phase1, phase5, phase9,... phase2,phase6,... isn´t the same, it´s not possible to measure any velocity.

If you can predict what USRP does with phase differences of the received
signal in relation to digital waveform, then you can compensate for it
by shifting phases of the received or transmitted signal.

> Secondly, the time commands to change the freq I knew but didn´t use right now.

I doubt what you are trying to do (keeping knowledge of phase relations
after retuning analog RF front-end) can be done on USRPs without timed
commands and appropriate daughter-board.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik