[USRP-users] Phase drift issue of N310

guowang qiu qiu.guowang007 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:50:49 EDT 2019

Hi all,

There are two daughter boards in N310, the phase difference between
channels of different dboards will drift rapidly.

In my test, a B200 transmits single tone continuous wave to a 1-to-2
splitter, and the outputs of splitter are connected to input ports of RF0
and RF2 of N310.

During the single program running, the signals received by the two channels
should keep the phase difference approximately stable. But I observed that
the phase drift of the two channels was very fast. Within a time span of 20
seconds, the phase difference varied by tens of degrees. Sense that two
dboards are using independent reference clocks, not the same reference
clock from mboard. By contrast, the phase difference between the two
channels of x310 with two ubx is stable.

Does anyone know how to explain this issue?

Best regards,

Damon