[USRP-users] N310 Initial Connection Issues

Marc Lichtman marcll at vt.edu
Tue Mar 12 13:35:29 EDT 2019

Hey,

I'm having issues connecting to a N310 with stock firmware.  Its eth0 port
works fine; it can get an IP address and I can even SSH into it from a
different (host) computer, but when I set up a second ethernet port on my
host with a static IP of 192.168.10.1 and mask 255.255.255.0, and connect
it to SFP0 on the N310, pinging 192.168.10.2 fails with destination
unreachable.  I'm using the transceiver that came with it, and the lights
above the SFP0 port on the USRP are on (one is solid, one flashes on
occasion).  I verified my host was using 192.168.10.1 on the port connected
to SFP0.

Some possible clues- When I run uhd_find_devices on the host, the N310
shows up, but said "Reachable: No" (which is a new field to me).  When I
SSH into the N310 and do ifconfig, it shows the eth0 with its assigned IP
address, and it shows sfp1 but with no IP address, and no sfp0/sfp2 (not
sure how its suppose to be labeled).  I was expected to do ifconfig and see
sfp0 showing 192.168.10.2 and sfp1 with 192.168.20.2 since it's static.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

-Marc