[USRP-users] RFNoC FFT size > 1024

Jonathon Pendlum jonathon.pendlum at ettus.com
Fri Mar 1 19:26:31 EST 2019

Hi Rob,

I'm glad you found those options useful. Unfortunately, there are a number
of corner cases that those options do not handle. You can run into
synchronization issues when overflows and dropped packets occur. In the
overflow case, if one occurs while the FFT is being filled then the next
FFT output will be incorrect. In the dropped packet case, the received FFT
frames could end up shifted between two FFT frames. The dropped packet case
is by the far worse of the two. The block also does not handle the packet
header correctly when FFTs are split between multiple packets. For example,
EOBs will not cause the FFT core to reset, so the next burst could have an
incorrect FFT output at the beginning. Most of these issues can be worked
around or even ignored, but I think for general usage the block will need
to be updated to handle them properly.

Jonathon