[USRP-users] RFNoC FFT size > 1024

Rob Kossler rkossler at nd.edu
Thu Feb 28 16:08:14 EST 2019

Hi,
I would like to implement an RFNoC FFT that can work for lengths > 1024.
Here's what I think I know:

   - Current size for CE-to-CE packets is restricted to 8000 bytes (2000
   samples)
   - Current RFNoC FFT size is tied to packet size and thus 1024 is the max
   FFT size that can fit in a packet

After reviewing previous posts and Xilinx FFT IP core documentation, it
seems that all I need to do is add packet resize logic at the input and
output of the block.  Specifically, I am thinking of using
"packet_resizer.v" at both input and output (but only modifying tuser in
the output instance).

Questions

   - Is this a good approach?
   - Anything special that I need to take care of?
   - Does the selection of FFT architecture (pipelined, radix-4, etc) have
   any relevance concerning this issue?

Rob