[USRP-users] Hardware clocks, X310

Jason Matusiak jason at gardettoengineering.com
Thu Feb 28 11:37:52 EST 2019

Cherif.  I will attempt to take a stab at a few of your questions.  Don't take my answers as 100% right....

1 - All the blocks run at the same rate, but I am pretty sure you can implement an MMCM within your block to lower the rate for your needs and then back up to the crossbar rate.  Don't quote me, but I feel like I had this conversation with someone a few years back on the mailing list.
2 - The ADC/DAC are tied to the master clock rate (in the case of the X310, either 186.32MHz, or 200MHz)
3 - I don't believe so unless you do what I mentioned in the first comment.

All that said, I believe a lot of stuff can be tweaked under the hood, but it is hard to say what that will break, and it isn't exactly supported.