[USRP-users] USRP X310 GPS or IEEE 1588 Synchronization

akin soysal akinsoysal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:30:20 EST 2019

Hello All,

I have a question. We want to synchronize the clock of the two USRP X310s
with a GPS or IEEE 1588 standard. I would like to synchronize the two USRPs
with each other so that the base station and user terminal would not
experience any synchronization issue. I also would like to synchronize one
of the USRP X310s with an external base station, which supports IEEE 1588
and GPS clocks, and we have a synchronization budget of about *250us*.

I learned that the setup that worked in France is using the following Ettus
product:

https://www.ettus.com/product/details/OctoClock-G

Do you think that this would suffice for our needs? It has its own GPS
clock and antenna inside, right? It is compatible with USRP X310?

I know that the product specification does not include IEEE 1588, so I am
concluding that it would not be possible to use this standard for our
scenario, do you agree?

Thanks and regards,

Akın