[USRP-users] [E310] Fastlock profiles usage with UHD API

Truan David david.truan at heig-vd.ch
Tue Feb 26 10:13:52 EST 2019

Hi everyone!
We recently bought an E310 to try some very wide band acquisition (from 1GHz to 5GHz) in the fastest way possible. I read about fastlock profiles and was able to do some early tests by adding the SPI sptr to the UHD tree and retrieving in the code:

uhd::spi_iface::sptr spi = usrp->get_device()->get_tree()->access<uhd::spi_iface::sptr>("/mboards/0/spi").get();

I re-implemented the AD9361 fastlock functions found on the AD9361 Linux driver(save, recall, ...) and I think "my" fastlock API is now ready.
My idea (taken from http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2016-January/017634.html) is to do a calibration run in which I spot the tunings taking too long, saving their profile using fastlock (may need more than 8 profiles). However, I am not sure about the usage of the fastlock recall while using UHD:
-Should I still use the "usrp->set_rx_freq" between the fastlock recall or do I only need to recall at the sensible freq and do nothing otherwise?
-Should I wait for the "lo_locked" sensor if I use the recall?
-And another question: does anyone ported the AD9361 to the Xlilinx-Linux used by the E310?

I am using UHD 3.9.2 patched with the SPI hook.

Thank you a lot for your answers!

David