[USRP-users] usrp x300 multiple addresses and multiple streamers

Minutolo, Lorenzo (389I) Lorenzo.Minutolo at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 19 20:10:06 EST 2019

Hi All,

I'm using a USRP x300 configured with two WBX-120 daughterboards and the XG firmware version from the UHD 3.13.

The link with the host pc is done with two 10GBe connections.

In my C++ application I have the necessity of receiving and streaming signals to both daughterboards at the same time from four different threads. To do so, I'm making the multi_usrp object using primary and secondary address and getting each tx/rx streamer (each with a single channel) inside a thread. Everything is working except that the UHD api is using only one of the two 10Gbe interfaces for communicating with the USRP, limiting the bandwidth I can use.

The only way I found to make the dual 10GBe link to work is initializing a streamer object with multiple channels; thing that I would like to avoid.

is there a way to tell the UHD api which address to use for each streamer?

Thanks in advance.