[USRP-users] E310 RFNoC FFT Overrun Issue

Ramazan Çetin ramazan.cetin at gohm.com.tr
Sun Feb 10 15:51:46 EST 2019

Hi Jonathon,

I fixed the RFNOC: Vector IIR issue with changing its coefficients. Now
i can get samples using Vector IIR and keep 1 in N. I just tried to get
Wifi samples using this;

RFNOC: radio(56Mhz) -> RFNOC: FFT -> RFNOC: Vector_iir -> RFNOC: keep 1
in N(N = 14) -> FileSink

I am receiving samples from CPU as 4M. But i am sampling signal with
56Mhz and decimate it after FFT. So, i should get 56Mhz bandwidth
signal. But when i look my signal on CPU, it looks small bandwidth. Wifi
is 20 or 40MHz bandwidth so i should see some gap on frequency axis, but
i cannot. I have attached my flowgraph and wifi spectrogram.

Q1. Is it related with keep 1 in N? Is it keeping first N samples from
FFT bins? or i am missing something else. Is it possible to see 56 MHz
bandwidth signal on host?

Q2. I am getting "Ooverrun on chan 0" after 3 or 4 seconds. Is it CPU's
capacity for processing? After some time it cannot catch that speed.
Maybe i need some FIFO. Is it right?

Thank you so much for your answers. Best regards.

Ramazan