[USRP-users] X310 Replay Block and receiver timming

Xingjian Chen xingjian at umass.edu
Tue Feb 5 14:51:11 EST 2019

Hi,
Is there any method can control the timing for the RFNOC Replay Block in X310?
I tried adding time spec but the transmitter failed to start. In fact, as long as I set "stream_cmd.stream_now = false;"  then, the transmitter will not turn on unless set it back to true and power restart the X310.

stream_cmd.time_spec = tx_radio_ctrl->get_time_now() + uhd::time_spec_t(2.0 );
replay_ctrl->issue_stream_cmd(stream_cmd, replay_chan);

Also, I tried using timed command, but no luck.
The goal of the project is to transmit and receive pulses at the same time and get the timing well controlled. We succeeded in doing so by having a clock trigger in the Verilog file. I am wondering if it is possible by just using UHD command in c++ level to align transmitter and receiver in time. Thank you for your time.

James