[USRP-users] Syncing two USRP B200

Remco Vink r.vink at opnt.nl
Tue Feb 5 08:06:23 EST 2019

Dear all,

I am experiencing some troubles trying to synchronize two B200 USRPs.
The 10MHz and the PPS of the USRPs are connected by means of a splitter to
a rubidium clock source.
I try to replicate the test as seen in "
https://kb.ettus.com/Synchronization_and_MIMO_Capability_with_USRP_Devices"
I have a signal generator set to 200.01MHz and the USRPs are tuned to
200MHz. However looking at the GUI Scope the frequencies are not consistent
at all. When looking at the graph a difference in frequencies can clearly
be seen.
[image: image.png]
The USRP sources are set to
Sync: Unknown PPS, which according to another mailing list questions should
imply:

set the time on the hardware to be the same as
the PC clock, but using the external PPS trigger.

The clock and timing sources are set to external.
I have not specified the starting time yet, so I expect the signals to
be out of phase.
>From my understanding the frequencies of the two devices should be the
same. However this does not seem the case.

Furthermore I also read something about the USB3.0 controller not
always capable of handling two streams simultaneously, could this be a
cause?

Looking forward to hearing some of your more experienced input, if any
further information is required please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

--

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards,

Remco Vink

OPNT B.V. | Time provisioning

De Boelelaan 1081 | Gebouw W&N |1081 HV Amsterdam

E: r.vink at opnt.nl  <r.vink at opnt.nl>| www.opnt.nl
<http://demo.altium.com/0a6ae56f2bc6e9fbbe>