[USRP-users] AM modulated signal using USRP2

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Fri Feb 1 05:07:52 EST 2019

Hi Afaq,

assuming you already know the math behind AM, this is really simple:
What you need to transmit is a modulated carrier. So, you just send the
audio signal with a DC offset to your USRP and let the USRP tune to the
frequency you want to use.

Easiest way would probably just installing GNU Radio and having flow
graph:

source of the data signal
-> add constant (so that all values are positive)
-> multiply const (so that all values are |·| < 1)
-> USRP Sink

Note that in general it's really a bad idea to do amplitude modulation
in the 2.4 GHz, because of fading.

Best regards,
Marcus