[USRP-users] N200: Run program locally on CPU

Kevin McGuire kmcg3413 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 19:31:38 EDT 2017

Hey,

I am used to the B200 over USB3. So with the N200 and uhd_rx_cfile utility
I *finally* realized that it reports dropped packets as the letter D to the
terminal output. I guess I was thinking it was D for data and yes the
thought did cross my mind that its not quite enough Ds for a 2000 sample
packet..

Anyway, I learn. I started catching on to it when the size of my captures
file kept looking like I was sampling at 3.125e6/samples/second. I just was
not thinking well about the 100Mbit and how USB3 is a lot more.

So, my question is, how can I access the N200 locally? I wanted to overcome
that 100Mbit limitation by doing just a tad of pre-procesing locally. I
believe it runs Linux and I do not wish to tamper with the FPGA unless I
had too - which I might do one day.