[USRP-users] Problems with Ettus B210 and Intel Nuk

Humphries, James R. humphriesjr at ornl.gov
Tue Oct 31 13:52:51 EDT 2017

Hey T,

I encountered a problem similar to this in the past with a Minnowboard Max. If you press the reset switch (S700 I believe), is the NUC able to see the B210 (instead of unplugging USB)? I had to do this if I had a B200 plugged into the Minnowboard while it booted.

The solution we came up with was to install a larger capacitor in parallel with C716/S700. I recall installing a 100uF capacitor. This allowed some extra time before the Cypress USB chip on the B200 powered up and it would work normally after a cold boot.

Obviously, if you want to try I assume it will void your warranty on the B210, so proceed at your own risk.

I think B200mini alleviated this ‘issue’ as it has a reset supervisor (TPS3801).

-Trip