[USRP-users] Specifying when IQ samples are received

Felipe Augusto Pereira de Figueiredo zz4fap at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 11:27:47 EDT 2017

Dear All,

This link from Ettus:

https://kb.ettus.com/UHD

says the following:
Sample streaming

UHD handles the control for transporting I and Q samples (see here
<http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4805/en/> for information on I and Q samples)
by using standard interface methods such as Ethernet, USB and PCI-Express.
Samples can be sent in a continuous stream as in figure 4a or in bursts,
figure 4b. *In addition the user has the ability to specify when samples
are received or transmitted by using built in burst and timed commands.*

The last phrase states that it is possible to receive IQ samples when
samples are received. Does it mean there is a way to specify the time to
receive samples just like we do with TX samples? If that is true, could you
tell us how that can be done? I have been looking for an example on how to
do that but it was to no avail.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Felipe Augusto