[USRP-users] B205mini: 0-value Samples When Switching Center Frequency

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Thu Oct 26 10:26:17 EDT 2017

On 10/26/2017 06:43 AM, Gilad Beeri (ApolloShield) via USRP-users wrote:
> Hi,
> Whenever I switch center frequency with a USRP B205mini (changing to a
> nearby frequency), I get 3 milliseconds of 0 samples.
>
>  1. What's the reason behind that?
>  2. Can I make some changes that will reduce that timespan without data?

The analog hardware takes a finite amount of time to switch
frequencies.  During that time, there will inevitably be *some* type of
glitch.

A PLL synthesizer will take some amount of time to change frequency.
Every time you change frequency, you take it out of its converged state, and
   it has to re-converge.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/76197/pll-loop-bandwidth-lock-time-and-jitter