[USRP-users] cross-compiling with external libraries on E310

Philip Balister philip at opensdr.com
Thu Oct 26 09:21:49 EDT 2017

On 10/26/2017 03:01 PM, Francois Quitin via USRP-users wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm writing code for the USRP E310 using the SDK from
> http://files.ettus.com/e3xx_images/e3xx-release-4/  I've been able to
> write code, cross-compile it and execute it without any problems on the
> E310.
>
> I'm trying to include external libraries (open-source ones, such as
> Armadillo) to my cross-compiling project. How can I "cleanly" include
> these libraries in my cross-compiling project?

Look at:

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Cross_compile_GNU_Radio_and_install_on_target

The key line for updating the sdk is:

$ sudo make install DESTDIR=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7a-...

The guys working on GNSS-SDR have an OpenEmbedded layer with an
armadillo recipe:

http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/58748/

It should be possible to add this to the E310 image build and add it to
the sdk to avoid having to carry the local update to your sdk.

Philip