[USRP-users] 2 N200 MIMO system phase offset varies with frequency, have used timed_command with tune and also integer-N Tuning per Marcus M post of Feb 17, 2016

John Shields john.shields at xtra.co.nz
Tue Oct 24 19:45:38 EDT 2017

Thanks Marcus,
                        So it appears that the synching of the SBX LOs doesn’t work; or perhaps I should say, it doesn’t work during my measurement period? The integer-N tuning doesn’t work either.

                        I can say that, with some level of precision, the phase is fairly constant with center-frequency but if, for example, I had a 5 MHz spectrum how could I ‘correct for that’? I be;ieve that there is the whole Hilbert transform issue when you wish to translate the phase/frequency of a band of signals to a different one –is that what I should use?

                        From my point of view, there is quite a misinterpretation of what ‘synchronistation’ means; in particular for SBXs and their LOs which, as advertised, are supposed to be capable of such operation with a few simple Python commands!.

                        Realising that you would/should not express some shortcoming in the SBX,N200,MIMO in an Ettus product , if there is, I would dearly like to know from someone from Ettus!!!! Purely from an outside point of view, I thought that the “ we’ll transfer the Time Of Day contents to the Mate over MIMO cable ” doesn’t actually mean that they are in ‘real time’ synch, from my old DMS-100 days bit was willing to go along with the theory. Seriously, I have no issue with that but just want to know how to get 2 N200r4 streams with OB GPSDO & MIMO cable ‘synchronised’

                       I would love (but be embarrassed) to be told, that as a dummy, I made this mistake but in over a month of work I have not been able to establish that.

                      Kind Regards,

                                   John