[USRP-users] IQ samples being lost/dropped when using SOB/EOB

Felipe Augusto Pereira de Figueiredo zz4fap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:40:34 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I'm sending OFDM frames in a bursty manner, i.e., a have slots of 1 ms with
14 OFDM symbols.

These 1 ms slots are transmitted from time to time and I'm using SOB and
EOB to make it a busrty transmission.

What I have noticed is that some samples at the beginning of the slot are
being missed somehow. In order to solve it I had to pad 1000 zero IQ
samples to the beginning of the slot, only after that I started receiving
the slots correctly, however, now I have lots of "U" characters being
printed on the screen.

Is there some issue with the current UHD (host source or FPGA source) that
might be causing that problem?

I have tried with different UHD versions and the issue happen with all of
them:

- UHD_003.009.005-0-unknown
- UHD_003.010.002.000-3-g122bfae1
- UHD_4.0.0.rfnoc-devel-369-g1908672f

Could you guys, please, help me understand/solve this problem?

Many thanks and Kind Regards,

Felipe Augusto