[USRP-users] interpretation of received signal

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Sat Oct 21 09:20:50 EDT 2017

Hi Nirmala,

I'm confused, so what *calibrated measurement device* did you use to get
"-80 dbm to -100 dbm"? As Marcus L has pointed out, the values you get
from the USRP are *not* relative to a physical unit.

Please simply don't think the plots that *any* software gives you have
something to do with dBm. They don't, simple as that. You can MAKE them
do so, by converting digital amplitude to a physical meaning. For that,
you need to CALIBRATE first.

Best regards,
Marcus