[USRP-users] interpretation of received signal

Nirmala Soundararajan nsound1 at students.towson.edu
Wed Oct 18 00:08:33 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to transmit and receive a simple 10 kHz tone using a single
USRP B205mini-i. The input power is 0 dbm ( The amplitude of 10kHz tone
being 45mV). The transmitting and receiver antenna are same omnidirectional
type each having 3 dbi gain. I set the transmitter gain as 8 and receiver
gain as 70. The carrier frequency is around 800 MHz. The path loss comes to
around 20 db considering the fact that transmitting and receiving antenna
are just a foot apart. ( I took far field and did not consider near field)

The received spectrum shows -26 dbm. How should I interpret these results?

regards

Nirmala