[USRP-users] B210 external clock and introducing drift

Benny Alexandar ben.alex at outlook.com
Fri Oct 13 12:33:02 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm using USRP B210 for streaming  IQ data thru RF cable to my digital radio  receiver. I want to use an external clock generator and feed the clock to B210.  I see there are tow connector options to give external clock and PPS input.  My requirement is to give an external clock and introduce ppm drift in IQ sampling rate.  Do I know to give pps or just giving an external clock is enough ?

If I introduce a drift an external clock generator will that change the sampling rate of IQ samples which I'm streaming thru RF cable ?

-ben