[USRP-users] Removing PCIe / LvFpga_Chinch from RFNoC x310 Image

Christopher Yarp cyarp at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 9 13:31:02 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,
We are building a custom FPGA image using RFNoC targeting the x310 platform.  We are currently running out of FPGA resources and are looking for ways to slim the base image down.  We are not using the PCIe interface and it looks like the PCIe IP (x300_pcie_int and LvFpga_Chinch_Interface) use a non trivial amount of resources.  I was looking into removing these IP blocks but it appears that the schematics for the x310 (https://files.ettus.com/schematics/x300/x3xx.pdf <https://files.ettus.com/schematics/x300/x3xx.pdf>) omits the pages pertaining to the PCIe interface and the NI DAQ-STC3-BG chip.  I would like to avoid damaging any of the hardware and was wondering if anyone knows how to properly terminate the lines that would normally be connected to the PCIe IP?  Does anyone know of any hazards removing this IP?  Is the proper initialization of the DAQ-STC3-BG required for the x310 to operate correctly?

Thanks,
Chris Yarp