[USRP-users] uhd python transmition

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Mon Oct 2 16:03:00 EDT 2017

Hi Ivan,

since you send the first samples with a timestamp of one, this is not a
good idea:

On 02.10.2017 21:46, Ivan Zahartchuk via USRP-users wrote:
>           metadata.time_spec = lib.types.time_spec(0)
That basically forces the next packet to have 0 timestamp, i.e. to be
more than 1s too late ("L" error).

Your "U" might be caused by the fact that 30 MS/s is actually a lot of data.

I'm not convinced by the idea to use multiple processes in a GUI / UHD
application. That's what threads are for. Processes don't share the same
memory. I'm not an expert on QT, but I can't help myself but think you
should stick to QT methodology here, and that implies starting your
transmitter thread as QThread.

Best regards,
Marcus