[USRP-users] Ethernet over SFP+ in custom FPGA design (X3x0)

Christian Lenz christian.lenz at freedelity.com
Tue Nov 28 15:09:43 EST 2017

Ian and Sugandha,

thank you very much for your comments and also for the attached file.
Sadly, another three questions remain for the moment:
1. In the attached file, there is a series of 48? bits named "Ettus
Padding". Is this an Ettus specific bit sequence and where can I find
information on this?
2. If powering up and programming the FPGA, the clock from the PLL is
not present because it must be programmed over SPI first. According to
the HDL source files and pin constraints, the corresponding SPI master
module in the FPGA is clocked  from a 125MHz clock. I assume this
clock to be present without any configuration, is this true?
3. Do you know where to find the missing pages of the X3xx schematics
document (13-17)? I would assume to find the 125MHz clock source on
page 17.

Thanks a lot!