[USRP-users] Independent use of ethernet ports on Ettus x310?

Chad Spooner cmspooner at nwra.com
Wed Nov 15 20:34:37 EST 2017

All:

I'm wondering how to use the second ethernet port on my x310. I've been
going through the
online Ettus SDR help, but can't seem to find the right pages.

The short version of my question is: Can I use the two ethernet ports
independently, say
when each of them is connected to a separate computer? If so, how do I
set up the second
port? I'm using computers with 1 GiG Ethernet only.

Details/Context: I have a working gnuradio companion flowgraph that
generates a signal indefinitely
and applies it to (A:0, Tx/Rx). That output port is connected by a
cable to (B:0, RX2).  All indications are
that this is working well. At irregular intervals, I want to obtain
large numbers of samples from
(B:0, RX2) by calling, say, uhd_rx_cfile or the like, outside of the
flowgraph, which is still
running. I'm prevented from doing that while the flowgraph is running.
Can I do it using the
second 1 GiG port if I set it up properly?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Chad

--
Chad M. Spooner