[USRP-users] TX power levels. Long term exposure.

Bakshi, Arjun bakshi.11 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Nov 6 16:49:02 EST 2017

Thanks for clearing that up.

AB

________________________________
From: Nick Foster <bistromath at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:58:05 PM
To: Bakshi, Arjun
Cc: usrp-users at lists.ettus.com
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] TX power levels. Long term exposure.

Don't worry about it. You are several orders of magnitude below any sort of permissible exposure limit.

Nick

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Bakshi, Arjun via USRP-users <usrp-users at lists.ettus.com<mailto:usrp-users at lists.ettus.com>> wrote:

I'm looking to do long duration experiments in a lab which will have people in it while I TX and Rx, and I'd like to know what health and safety concerns I should keep in mind.

I tried looking at FCC and EU for limits on radiation levels, but those specs aren't straightforward to understand. It's also difficult to get an estimate of absolute power rxed/txed from the USRPs. So I'd like to hear from anyone who knows about this stuff.

I'm using SBX (max power 100mW), and I'm thinking of using either the 500-700MHz or the 1.2-1.3 GHz band. I'll be transmitting for 5ms every second for a few hours. The room is about 6m x 15m. Then antennas will be 1-2 meters away from a few people. TX and RX are about 4m apart. With gain set to 25dB, my signal has ~30dB SNR.

Sorry if this seems a bit odd/specific.

Thank you,

AB